Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4 – “To a mouse”

Well, our final payment has been made.  It would appear that we are really going to do it.  All that remains is getting there.  And that part is paid for as well.  At the end of this month … we’re going to Disneyworld. 

Never been before.  Either of us.  And apparently that is a big deal to the Disney people.  When I called to make the last payment, the youngster on the other end of the line was overly kind when she found out I was an old grandpa coming with the grandkids, and I was the one who had never been there.  I think her exact words were, “Aw.  That’s really sweet.”  And I’ve been told that first-timers are treated as something really special, so bring it on. 

Christi has done all the advance planning, and I am all for that.  She has picked out what rides to go on and which ones we will get fast pass tickets to.  I guess if you’ve been there you know what fast pass looks like.  I don’t.  She has us registered at one of the hotels that is themed by decades: 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s.  Last I heard she was thinking about requesting a room in the 60’s wing because you can watch the fireworks in comfort.  I volunteered to dress up in 60’s garb for the week, but for some reason Christi and Chris both were rather quick to the nix on that idea.  Maybe I can at least sneak in a tie-dyed headband to wear along with the Mickey Mouse fanny pack I hope to purchase when we arrive. 

We have already received our fancy little wristbands that have embedded within a computer chip containing our hotel room code.  Anything we want to purchase in the park can be automatically added to our room bill with the swipe of a wrist.  Frightening.  We also have our nifty little luggage tags.  Apparently we don’t even have to go through baggage claim when we arrive.  They will transfer our luggage straight to our rooms, and all we have to do is hop on the special bus and relax.  Again … frightening.  I mean, think about it.  We are giving up control of our money and even our clothing to a mouse who only wears shorts and suspenders and yellow shoes.  One would think he would have quite the wardrobe by now …

Mark 10:14-16 says, “When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’  And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.”


Father, thank you for the fun inherent in anticipation.  Amen.

No comments: