Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11 – “Hacking”

Sadly, hacking doesn’t always refer to that process of imposing oneself into another person’s computer. 

It’s days like today that make me glad there is still afternoon baseball in the major leagues.  I was awake most of last night coughing and hacking.  Now, I moved to my new recliner early on so Chris could get some sleep.  I knew I would have to move as soon as I eased back into the pillow the first time and almost immediately the congestion started accumulating in the back of my throat and the coughing began.  I think I finally dozed off somewhere around 4.

My alarm went off at 5:30.  We have Cailyn with us all day today, and she is spending the night tonight.  But wait.  “Isn’t this a school day?,” you may be wondering.  Yep, she is sick as well, so we decided we might as well stick the sicko’s into the Nani Hospital for 24 hours of care.  And thus the mention of the Astros afternoon baseball game today.  Suffice it to say, I know where I will be around 1:00.  Drinking some hot tea with honey and hacking.  May as well get started …

Mark 14:22-24 says, “While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, ‘Take it; this is my body.’
Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.
‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,’ he said to them.”

Father, please heal up Cailyn quickly so she can get back to school and softball and being the fun-loving kid she is.  Amen.


No comments: