Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14 – “Diego Day”

Now-three-year-old Noa spent the day with us yesterday.  Her three brothers won free passes to the Pleasure Pier for a reading program they were enrolled in, so Mom and Dad joined them for the excursion.  Christina didn’t want to have to keep telling Noa she was too little for the different rides, so she was blessed to hang out with good ol’ Nana and DadDad. 

The first order of the day was for her to watch an episode of Go, Diego, Go.  It was supposed to be on Netflix, so I started there.  Instead of tying up my phone for that 30 minutes or so, I decided to enter through the Wii system.  That’s how we used to do it all the time.  No problem, right?  Well …  I forgot that our original Wii was murdered by an electrical storm, and the one we now have was a gift from one of my brothers who is in the process of downsizing.  That meant the new one had never been set up for Netflix.  No problem.  I clicked on the icon to download the software.  And it couldn’t find the internet.  Oh, yeah.  I had to set up the Wii to find the internet connection.  That took a few minutes to rediscover how to do, but I finally located it and entered all the required codes and bells and whistles.  Back to Netflix.  No problem this time.  Download accomplished.  Of course then I had to enter my access codes for our account and wait for that to be accepted.  But finally we had Netflix.  On to Diego, right?  Not so much.  Seems Diego doesn’t exist on Netflix.  Noa was patient through this whole stage of the operation, but she wanted no part of Netflix alternatives suggested.  Nope.  This was Diego Day. 

So I moved on.  Chris had been rummaging around on YouTube and had found an episode there.  So Noa settled in with Chris’ phone.  I, however, remembered that there was an option to install YouTube on the Wii as well, so I went through that process.  Meanwhile, Chris had texted with Kel to ask why we hadn’t been able to find Diego on Netflix.  He replied that it must have been on the Amazon Prime channel, also an option.  So guess what good ol’ DadDad did next?  Yup.  Installed the Amazon Prime option.  I even had a code for that in my files.  Kel signed us up for that some time in the past.  When all was said and done, we managed to locate Diego.  I think he was somewhere in the tropical rain forest.  No wonder it was so hard to locate him with technology.  Noa had her Diego fix and all was right with her little world.

When her brothers returned we had a spaghetti supper with them.  Josiah and I did some renaming of his family.  It started when I told him I had renamed his Dad, Onion, so he needed to stop calling him Kel.  He wasn’t too sure about that at first.  He insisted that his Dad was an adult, so I couldn’t give him a new name.  I countered with a softer version of the old, “I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it” argument.  Told him I would always be his Daddy, so I could rename him any time I wanted.  Once he accepted that argument, we were off to the races.  His Mom’s new name is Pepper.  And the new baby will be Potato if it’s a boy and Candy if it’s a girl.  I can’t remember what he came up with for the others, except that he was concerned when he realized we had a Pepper, but no Salt.  So, Cousin Zakary … you’re now Salt. 

Mark 14:62 says, “’I am,’ said Jesus. ‘And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.’”


Father, thank you for an entire day with Noa.  Watch over her as she grows to learn about you and your world.  Amen.

No comments: