Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 4 – “Overdose”

I’m afraid my wife is about to experience the travails of an overdose this week.  OD’ing on civic duty.  That’s right, folks.  Not only is Chris on a trial jury starting today, but she joined me yesterday to go vote.  Double whammy of good citizenship there.  She is my American hero of the week.

But this whole jury thing has put some pressure on me, though.  Not only do I have to fend for myself in the food department, but today I get to be the primary baby sitter for Cailyn after school.  Fortunately I will have the assistance of one tiny canine whirlwind named Fred.  Before she left for school today we sat at my desk and brainstormed about some things we could do since Nani wouldn’t be home.  My ideas were limited to things like “Get a snack” and “Make some paper frogs.”  Guess what her first idea was?  “We could go play in the garage.  You always have some cleaning to do out there.”  That’s my girl.  Maybe we can figure out a way to make an eye patch for Barbie Hook.  Well, if anyone has any ideas for an old DadDad and a six-year-old granddaughter to do for a few hours on a Wednesday afternoon, please let me know.  Help …..

James 1:9-11 says, “The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position.  But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower.  For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.”


Father, give Chris and the other jurors wisdom.  And patience, with the lawyers and the judge and each other.  Amen.

No comments: