Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 14 – “A New Word”

Whew.  Hot day in October in Galveston yesterday.  I spent the entire morning working on a teaching for Sunday, so by the afternoon what is left of my mind was kind of frayed.  I decided to head outside and pull some stickerburs, that never-ending, “I live next door to a vacant lot that no one seems to want to claim” task that no one anywhere enjoys.  What I didn’t realize was that the temperature had risen and would continue to rise.  It managed to top 90 degrees by the time I gave in and came back inside.  Doesn’t get me very excited to face the inevitable lawn mowing gig that is just around the corner.  Maybe I can put that off until after dancing lessons this morning.

We had some visitors the other day.  Christina too her kids to the beach while Kel was at an out of town conference.  It was a lot of fun watching them interact with old Fred. 
He had his brothers decided she looked like either a hyena or a dingo.  Josiah added, “Or maybe a cheetah, except she doesn’t have spots.  Oh, and she isn’t a cat.”  Perceptive grandson I have there, don’t you agree?  And speaking of perceptive, that Josiah made yet another observation that reflected his keen insight.  As he toted Freddy around and played with her, he commented, “Freddy’s in a good mood … for a girl.”  See what I mean?  Only five years old and he had a handle on the emotions of women.  I am very jealous. 

Two-year-old Noa has discovered another new word.  Diarrhea.  I heard her say it about a hundred times.  I suppose she heard it one too many times last week when her Mommy was describing diaper contents.  But, hey … you gotta get those symptoms’ names down pat for future doctor’s visits.

Hebrews 10:24 says, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.”

Father, please keep those youngsters healthy.  They can learn new words during school time.  Amen.


No comments: