Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26 – “I ont more …”

When Kel and his family came over the other night and we were waiting for the pizza to arrive, he and I sat in the office randomly scrolling through our FaceBook feeds and occasionally talking about Jachin’s last baseball game.  Noa joined us.  Now she has become quite adept at getting into whatever cabinet or drawer might stand in the way of her curious nature.  And one of those cabinets happens to be in the office.  And it happens to contain some interesting objects.  And as she discovered each artifact, she helpfully brought it over to me.

Hidden away in that cabinet are many things.  The frame and photo of me and a young girl named Kelly on the beach after a sunrise service.  She is now a graduate of Stanford University.  Still a young girl named Kelly, mind you.  Always will be.  Also in the mix is a genuine, handmade sling like the one David used to knock out Goliath.  Got that one in Arkansas.  Oh, and a very strange hat made of some kind of paper, I think.  But it twists and turns and changes into all sorts of shapes. 

Noa actually passed on all those and went straight for my “Specialty Jesus” collection.  These are various odds and ends I have accumulated over the years.  Strange items that all include a likeness of Jesus in some way or another.  Noa was quite interested in my Jesus band-aids.  Every one has a different depiction of Jesus on it to aid in healing your tiniest wound.

Finally she brought me one of the Jesus on your dashboard figurines.  I thanked her and explained who it was.  She stared at me and then at the figure for a long time, the wheels obviously turning in her little mind.  Then she turned and headed back for the cabinet, saying, “I ont more Jesus.”  She returned with the second on.  I have a duplicate of that model.  I thanked her and assured her that this one was also Jesus.  Quite pleased with herself now, she turned back to her task with another, “I ont more Jesus.”  This time she came back with my bobblehead Jesus.  “That’s right, Noa, there he is again.  It’s Jesus.”  And she went back in for more.  “I ont more Jesus.”  This time she brought out a Moses action figure, but with a quizzical look on her face.  “No, that’s not Jesus.  Looks like him, but not him.”  I thought she would get discouraged, but no.  “I ont more Jesus.”  She dove right back in, and sure enough, underneath the authentic David-type sling and the “Lookin’ good for Jesus” lip balm, she managed to locate the elusive Jesus action figure.  Everything else was anticlimactic after that.  Well, she did go back for the “Looking good for Jesus” lip balm.  Seems she has discovered at home that chapstick has an interesting flavor when you actually eat it.  But her Daddy managed to rescue it before she figured out how to get it out of the packaging.  Look at it this way, Noa.  As long as you stick with “I ont more Jesus,” you’ll do all right in life.

Philippians 4:19 says, And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”


Father, help me to want more Jesus every day.  He’s all I really need.  Amen.

No comments: