Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8 – “Savin’ Some Daylight”

OK.  Daylight Savings Time today.  As far as I know I did everything right on my list of preparations.  Changed all the clocks.  Even got in a fun little jab at Chris when we went to bed.  She asked if I had set the alarm for this morning.  I assured her I had, but added, “I hope my phone changes over automatically.  Otherwise we’ll be waking up at 4:00 instead of 6:00.”  After about a four count, I heard, “What?”  I tried to keep a straight face, but bless her heart, she was so befuddled that I just laughed.  Early mornings are not Chris’ favorite time of year. 

I did try to help out those who have a hard time handling this early morning madness.  Here’s a copy of the e-mail I sent yesterday to the folks at Seaside.

Hey there, Seasiders!!!
Yep, it's that wonderful time of year once again when we get to invest an hour of sleep into a summer's worth of extra sunshine.  At least that's the party line as I understand it.  So ...
1.  Set your alarms for 2 A.M.
2.  When the alarm goes off, spend a moment or two asking forgiveness for those first thoughts that entered your head
3.  Get up and frolic about the house, stopping to move every clock you find ahead one hour (2 a.m. becomes 3 a.m.)
4.  Return to bed, give your wife or husband or dog or even your cat a joyous kiss (I dare you!)
5.  Fall right to sleep without a care in the world
6.  Wake up with an hour's less sleep, but the promise of an extra hour of sunshine at the end of the day.

7.  Option Two: Ignore number 1.  Move number 3 to number 2, adding this phrase at the beginning: "When it is time to go to bed."  Move number 4 to number 3.  Move number 5 to number 4.  Move number 2 to  number 5.  Continue to number 6.  Repeat number 4. 
Oh, and here's a number 8 for you: Come to church!  We'll all sleepily worship Jesus together!
Love you, Family!
Pastor Kelley

Ecclesiastes 3:11-12 says, “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.”


Father, thank you for every second you give us here amidst this creation of yours.  Amen.

No comments: