Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17 – “Lost in the work”

Yesterday was one of those “get lost in the work” kind of days for me.  We did start it out by taking a walk around the neighborhood, though.  We have worked up to about two miles.  It’s not the same as walking around WalMart together, grocery shopping and talking and people watching, although we did see one of our fire fighter neighbors.  Jon was out being walked by his dog.  She did stop to greet us, though. 

As far as the computer work is concerned, it soon became evident that it would be my day to prepare for the angels.  That’s the next topic coming up in our Thursday night Bible study at the house.  What started out as a research search to find out the different names of archangels mentioned in literature outside of the Bible soon became a more generalized open discovery time on the subject.  It’s what usually happens to me when I start out on a research binge.  One rabbit trail will lead to another and before I know it I have jumped topics entirely.  It’s a really fun way to approach what could otherwise be a boring process.  At least this time I stuck to angels.  We’ll see what kind of study actually comes out of this research experience, though.  I still have three days to pull it all together.  Of course I also still have to put together the Bible study for Sunday morning before church as well as the teaching for the worship service.  Looks like it will be another long day at the desk.  Hmm.  Maybe that’s why that article in the paper sounded so interesting.  Something along the lines of proper posture when you sit at a desk all day.  I can hear it now.  Chris’ little voice ringing forth in my good ear, “I told you so …”

Mark 12:33 says, “To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”


Father, help me stay focused in preparation for these studies.  And maybe open up a rabbit trail or two just for fun.  Amen.

No comments: