Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28 – “Energy??”

Well, the transferal has officially begun.  This is the first blog done on our new computer.  So far so good.  The extra RAM in this thing sure made the loading of extra programs go quickly.  Even start-up this morning, which is usually what I do while I go get the morning paper and feed the dogs, was complete before I could even tie my shoes.  I managed to transfer all of my Word files over so I can work on this one now.  OK, OK.  You’re right.  A little boy enjoys his new toys.  What can I say?

I even got Chris’ work station taken down so her “new” laptop would fit.  That dinosaur she’s been using was really a mess.  There are pieces of it still on the floor that fell off when I picked it up.  I kind of hated to see the monitor go, though.  Absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Anybody need one?  Looks like I’ll still have to do a quick tutoring session on how to use Windows 7 for Chris.  That’s right.  The old one still had one of those old, unsupported versions on it.  She won’t have any problems, though.  Smart girl.

And now we begin a real grandparent Saturday.  On our way to help out Kel and Christina.  They have three boys involved in athletics and only two of them to chauffeur them around. Looks like Christina will take Micah to soccer, Chris has Josiah for soccer, and Kel and I have Jachin for a baseball season opening parade.  Hey, it takes two guys to do what one Mom can do with one hand tied behind her back.  I admit that.  Freely.  They will meet us back at the baseball fields for the opening day carnival.  Then Chris and I head back down here to Galveston for Cailyn’s school carnival.  If she decides to go, that is.  Then, if we still have enough energy, back to Hitchcock for Jachin’s baseball game.  And … I think I’m tired already.

Colossians 1:28-29 says, “We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.”


Father, we could use some extra energy to get through all this stuff today.  I expect it to be fun, and I really want Chris to be able to enjoy it.  Thanks.  Amen.

No comments: