Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6 - “City Girl”

Well, I finished picking all the satsumas off of our tree in the backyard.  Reaping season is officially completed, I guess.  They were really juicy this year, so something went right in that department.  They didn’t really have a lot of flavor to them, though.  And it was just me doing the picking this time.  That meant, unlike the last time we picked a few, I didn’t have to assure April that she didn’t have to gather up the peelings and take them inside to the garbage can.  Just toss them over the fence, City Girl.  Now we just get to enjoy the fruit of our labor, literally.

I got yet another phone call last night.  Around 12:30 a.m.  No, it wasn’t some dire emergency with the fire department or a church member in distress.  For something like that I would have been up and dressed and on the road in ten minutes or so.  This, however, was nothing so upstanding and necessary.  Some kind of glitch has manifested itself in the fire alarm at the church, and now it doesn’t do its automated periodic check-in call to the alarm company.  That means every time it misses a call, the company has to notify us.  Even in the middle of the night.  I guess that’s one way to see that it gets fixed.  Thing is, I am really not sure what needs to be fixed.  They told me the last time I talked to them, which was yesterday afternoon, by the way, that it probably has something to do with the phone lines.  Guess that means I’ll have to do some tracking today to see if it is something simple before calling in the big guns for a service call.  This has happened once before.  Of course I have no idea what we ended up doing back then to fix the problem.  So that means I’ll just change hats and try a few things. 

But first I’ll wade through the forecasted monsoon to water therapy to get good and awake.  Onward.

Psalms 77:11-12 says, “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.”

Father, thank you for the miracle of growing things, things that we can actually eat bursting out right before our eyes, not to mention those young things we call children, busy doing some growing and bursting of their own.  Amen.

No comments: