Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8 – “But it’s not Monday”

 

I had all kinds of plans for today.  Our vacation doesn't end until Monday morning but we had to come back early to take Mom to the doctor, give the kids a break from taking care of Mom, and for Chris to make a trip into Bay City.  What we do between now and then is up for grabs.

 

The first thing I did when I woke up at 4:30 this morning was make a list.  Of course.  Work in the yard was at the top of the list, but I haven't come anywhere near that one yet.  I managed to make it to Randall's, but my prescriptions weren't ready yet, so I have to go back.  I went by WalMart, but they were closed.  I talked to Nathan and he said that's where he spent the night last night.  They had an electrical fire and the place was filled with smoke.  It's still closed today while they try to restore power without burning the building down. 

 

Nathan and April and Cailyn came over for awhile.  They were hoping to catch Chris to say hi to her, but she was already gone.  They graciously watched the vacation pictures that I had downloaded to the computer.  Nathan didn't even fall asleep even after his night out at WalMart.  We all went to Golden Corral for lunch.  Back in the groove. 

 

Mom had an eye doctor appointment at 1:25.  We finally headed home about 2:15.  I think she saw the doctor a total of five minutes.  Big news.  She's supposed to wash her eyelids with baby shampoo.  Everything else looks good.  Come back in January.

 

I called Sears to get our refrigerator put on a warranty plan.  It took the guy 30 minutes.  After 26 minutes I asked him if this was going to take all day.  He actually told me he had been waiting for me.  He thought I was going to get a credit card.  Almost told him to forget it right then.  Only took 4 minutes to close out the deal. 

 

The contact for the church that is coming down next Saturday to do a prayerwalk emailed me.  First Baptist Church in Texas City is coming.  I have to download the materials and send them out to our Seaside folks.  Hope we can get some response on both ends.  This is really something that Galveston needs desperately. 

 

Chris is on her way home and my allergies are driving me nuts.  Maybe I can do some stuff outside when she gets home to make these itchy watery eyes and runny, stopped up nose worth it.  Wait a minute.  Runny and stopped up at the same time.  How can that be?  But it is.  Wonders of the human body.

 

Psalms 139:14 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

 

Father, you are amazing as the Maker.  You are even more amazing as the Restorer.  Thanks for mornings.  Amen.


No comments: