Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25 – “I forgot”

 

This morning started out hectic, and just got more so from there.  Today was the day Chris had to go back to Bay City and sit in on a court hearing where her Dad was challenging her Mom's will.  She was understandably stressed, but seemed well in control when she left.  Lots of people said they would pray for her, so she was well covered.  We took Mom to water exercise at nine, and then got Chris some gas.  She dropped me off at the house and took off.  After awhile she called and told me about a conversation she had just had with her brother, and she reminded me to go pick up Mom at ten.  We laughed about how I would have forgotten if she hadn't reminded me. 

 

I hung up, chuckled, and went back to work on the computer.  I was searching out email addresses of local pastors so I could ask if they would let our headmaster speak for a few minutes during a worship service to tell the people of Galveston about Seaside Christian Academy.  Got going pretty strong.  Found several addresses.  Write several emails.  And when I next looked up, it was 10:20.  Yep.  I forgot.  And now I was late to pick up Mom.  Even after we had laughed about it.  Don't you hate it when that happens?  I jumped up and grabbed my keys and rushed over there.  Mom was fine.  She was sitting inside talking with the workers at the pool.  And of course, since Chris is not here, we ended up having lunch at Golden Corral.

 

I've been thinking a lot about those three random comments I heard yesterday. 

Yesterday I had no idea what they meant or why they stuck in my mind so clearly.  I just knew it was not an accident that they all came together here at Seaside.  Today I think I got some clarity.  God is on the move.  He's working all around us (the Seven Seas guy).  He intends to do a great work out here in the West End and he's letting us know about it (the prayer warrior word).  And Seaside is invited to be a part of it through the way we love one another and accept people into God's community here (the donut guy).  I for one sure want to be a part of whatever it is God is about to do.

 

In the middle of the afternoon Chris called and reported on the big court case.  Apparently the judge asked her Dad, "Is this the will being admitted into probate?"  Her Dad tried several time to say that it was, but there were some changes on it that he didn't know about.  The judge just asked the same question every time he tried to speak.  Finally he said a simple yes, and the judge ordered it "into probate" (whatever that means).  He told her Dad that if he had questions about the will he needed to speak to his lawyer.  And that was that.  The lawyer spoke to them in the corridor and said that it was yet to be determined whether the will was valid, so the issue is not settled.  We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.     

 

Acts 11:22-23 says, "News of this reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts."

 

Father, come on.  Do what you have decided to do.  Here we are.  Amen.


No comments: