Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 13 – “Tyler Prayer Walkers”

 

Allergy problems were not quite as severe today, so I didn't feel quite as miserable in the head.  Still a bit crazy in the head, just not as miserable.  Glad for small developments.

 

I spent most of the day at the computer preparing for our Prayer Walk in Jamaica Beach this coming Saturday.  I searched out and pieced together and ran off google maps, put together the handout, and wrote down the training plan for beforehand.  Now we just need to get some people here to do the praying.  I know for something like this that Satan will throw up everything he can think of to make it everything from impossible to inconvenient to be there.  Prayer needs to start now so prayer can get started then.

 

I did get some affirmation that God is at work on that end.  I got a phone call today from someone who lives in Tyler, Texas.  She said she and her husband have been reading the blog and saw that we were doing the Prayerwalk.  They are in Galveston celebrating their anniversary, so they wanted to know if it was OK for them to join us Saturday and then come to worship on Sunday.  I told her 9:30 Saturday and 10 Sunday.  OK, folks.  People are coming a long way just to prayer walk with us.

 

Chris is planning to go back to Bay City Friday to check in on her Dad.  We haven't heard anything yet from our lawyer friend about what we should do about him contesting her Mom's will.  I'm afraid he may be out of town.  We are sure hoping he can recommend someone.  I thought of two other approaches.  One is Chris can tell the judge that she trusts him to carry out her Mom's wishes in the best way he can interpret the will.  Another approach would be to let her siblings take care of hiring the lawyer.  

 

Cailyn came over this evening while her Mom was in class.  She was in a silly mood.  Every toy she ran into was the perfect one, so she laughed and squealed almost right up until she found a different one.  The only problem came when her Mom wouldn't let her have free reign into our candy stash.  Temporary setback.  But not long after that we went out to the church for youth group.  She always plays very bashful in large crowds.  Except tonight they had a birthday party for one of the guys.  And her MeeMaw gave her a cupcake.  Shame on her, right?  She beat me to it, so I'm off the hook on that one.  On the way home Cailyn and I had a conversation.  I have no idea what it was about, but it was sure a lot of fun.  She started out rambling off a long sentence of multiple unintelligible syllables, followed by one of her patented belly laughs.  So I answered with a long sentence of multiple unintelligible syllables of my own.  When I finished she threw some more back at me and laughed like she had just told the joke of the decade and it was all on me.  Well, I couldn't let that go by without an answer, so I came up with some more well-intoned jibberish.  And before I could even finish she interrupted me with her own and started laughing again.  We did that back and forth all the way to the movie theater.  Her Mom got out of class early and was already past our house, so we met in the parking lot.  Sadly (for her Mom) Cailyn, though pleased to see her, was not exactly ready to leave the friendly confines of Nani and DadDad.  It took some coaxing and the promise of seeing her Daddy in the morning to get her buckled in.  

 

Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

 

Father, thank you for showing that verse to David so he could share it today.  I don't know if I'd ever have found it.  Amen.


No comments: