Saturday, October 30, 2010

October 30 – “Show it”

 

And the Blazers came home victorious.  Zakary's soccer team took the prize this morning in spite of two goals they made for the opposing team.  I think the final score was seven to four.  Zak actually kicked the ball a few times, and he is really good at trapping.  His Dad has been doing some work at home with him. 

 

We saw two of our closest Mansfield friends at the game.  In fact they joined us for lunch at the local Joe's establishment.  It's not a crab shack.  Just down home country cooking.  I had a chicken fried steak.  They are famous for their pies, so I was forced to try a piece of chocolate.  Not bad.  Next time I want to try the key lime.  Next time Josh and Christi probably won't be with us, though.  They are scheduled to move next week. 

 

I got reminded of something this morning.  First, when Caleb and Zakary first saw us, I got a big kick out of their reactions.  Zak put his hands over his face to hide the huge grin behind his fingers.  Caleb just started squealing and wiggling from side to side, making it almost impossible for his Mom to unhook his car seat.  It sure feels good when someone is as happy to see you as you are to see them.  But the boys reminded me that it's also just fine to show that happiness.

 

Secondly, Chris and I sleep on one of those blow-up mattresses on the living room floor.  Then when the boys wake up, it is part of the "Nani and DadDad are here" routine for them to come in and jump on it for awhile.  They dive off the couch.  We pick them up and toss them onto the pillows.  And they get creative and devise new and better ways of jumping.  Zakary established a new long jump record when he reached two rows of buttons from the end of the mattress.  Caleb just jumped.  Back and forth.  Side to side.  Sit down.  Face plant.  On his back.  And the whole time he was laughing and jabbering his glee.  Showing it.

 

Those two events were a picture for me of the unfettered joy of being in the presence of Jesus.  If so … I can't wait.

 

Hebrews 3:1 says, "Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess."

 

Father, engrave on my mind thoughts about you.  Maybe then I'll be able to think of you in those times of stress.  Amen.


No comments: