Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23 – “Random thought day”

 

I can think of multitudes of topics to write about while I am working in the yard or doing anything that is nowhere near a computer or paper or pencil.  Why is that?

 

We had our birthday dinner for Christina at Gringo's last night.  Cailyn kind of melted down, but Nathan took her for a quick car ride and she crashed.  They came back in plenty of time for the waiters to sing to Christina.  And Cailyn slept through the whole thing.  Restaurants are really loud unless I turn my hearing aid down. 

 

Christina and the boys came over this morning.  They are hanging sheetrock in their house, and the dust really bothers Christina's allergies.  They may even spend the night tonight.  Sleepover.  WooHoo.

 

Chris' folks decided after we left last night that they had some more questions for the palliative care nurse or social worker or whoever that lady was.  Sounded for awhile like they may be balking about hospice.  But the folks from hospice came and apparently answered all their questions.  They signed up this afternoon.  That was a real load off of our minds and hearts.

 

I needed a haircut.  Since I got my new hearing aids, any time my hair gets long enough to hit my ears, it also hits the microphone and I hear a lot of uncalled for static.  Best time to go: right after lunch.  I never have to wait more than a few minutes.  And I got a discount for being old (over 55).

 

I returned a phone call that Mom took yesterday.  Seems some guy said he was getting mail for us and wanted to know if we wanted it.  After talking to him for a bit I figured out that the mail was addressed to Kel.  This guy lived in the same house number one block over from Kel.  They are going to take care of it.

 

Mike, our youth pastor announced Sunday that we still needed around $500 for our camp expenses, and a few of the kids still needed some help paying for their costs.  Got a letter in the mail yesterday with a check to youth camp for $600.

 

Psalms 59:16 says, "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble."

 

Father, you are amazing.  Thank you for being there amid the randomness.  Amen.


No comments: