Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22 – “In the car”

 

OK.  Today is another first.  I'm trying to type this while in the car on the way home from the hospital.  Never been done before by me.  The screen is really dusty.  Does that happen all the time?  Bouncing around.  Starting and stopping.  Houston traffic.  4:00.  But I still have 80% left on my battery.  Here goes.

 

Chris and I both came up today, because we fully expected the surgery on her Mom to install drain tubes in her lungs.  She has passed all the other hurdles like infection control.  We both came so Chris could drive them home in their car to Bay City.  But the doctor has not been in yet.  They said he would be in surgery all day today and possibly into tonight.  So the surgery won't be until tomorrow.  We hope.  She had a visit today from a nurse who explained the benefits of hospice care at home.  It was very well received by Chris' Mom and Dad.  The actual hospice people will come by tomorrow as well.  She is determined that once she gets home she will not return to the hospital.  They all agreed that in that case, hospice would be the way to go.  I guess that means another Houston trip tomorrow. 

 

It's also Christina's birthday today.  We are trying to set up a birthday dinner tonight at Gringos.  Waiting on a phone call from Kel. 

 

For it to be 4:19 on a weekday afternoon, there is very little traffic.  But we are just at Beltway 8 now.  I don't know if I like this whole having the computer up and running while we are driving.  I'm just an old-timer, I guess.  I'd much rather be working a crossword puzzle.  In fact, I think I will.

 

Psalms 13:5-6 says, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  6 I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."

 

Father, may this be Chris' Mom's prayer.  Amen.


No comments: