Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10 – “Book Delivery”

 

Cailyn made it over today.  Nathan got called in to work and April had school, so we got the little one.  Chris made the comment that she hadn't seen any of the Galveston connection grandkids since Memorial day, with all of her travels to Bay City and Houston.  Sounds like we'll be connecting with Christina and the boys sometime soon. 

 

Cailyn latest comment reflected something she's been hearing.  "Oh man."  Pretty funny stuff coming from a toddler's mouth.  And she used it appropriately every time.

 

A lady from Mom and Chris' Wednesday Club came by today.  She brought the first batch of donated books for Seaside Christian Academy's library.  They were collected and given by a group of children in New Hampshire, I think.  So far there are four rather large boxes, with more to come.  There are all kinds of titles in there.  Some are classics like Farenheit 451.  Some star such greats as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Sherlock Holmes.  Some are about little duckies and tiny baby animals in the forest.  My personal favorite was Super Bug Guy.  Definitely a must-read, especially for boys.  Some are hardback.  Some are paperback.  All are in surprisingly good condition.  Thanks to those kids, wherever you are.

 

Mom got a letter today saying she was to be honored by the Yellow Rose Club come November.  Never heard of it, myself.  She's supposed to wear something yellow to a banquet where people over 80 years old are honored for humanitarian service.  She's supposed to write a one page biography of herself and everything.  Guess I need to do some research on that one.  She sure deserves the honor for whatever reason they can come up with.  I can give them some more thoughts if they need it.  After all, she has put up with me for 56 years.  (And nine months.  I understand I was quite the problem even before I was born.  Complete bed rest for three months.  Her doc knew she'd need all the energy she could muster after I got here). 

 

We got a phone call from the FEMA group that is cutting down dead trees in Galveston.  They got my message about the abandoned house.  Wanted to verify the address.  Sure enough it was on their list, but someone had been by on May 25th and said there were no dead trees on the property.  She wanted to know if the ones I was concerned about were in the front or back.  I said, "Yes."  She promised to put that house back on the list.  Said if I haven't seen or heard anything to call her back next Wednesday.  Let me mark that date on my calendar.  Stranger things have happened.

 

John 6:26-27 says, "Jesus answered, 'I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.'"

 

Father, I could sure use some of that eternal food.  I need some of that supernatural energy.  I need energy.  Period.  Amen.


No comments: