Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 23 – “The Right Tools”

We headed right for the house this morning.  I was ready to do something – anything.  And we were secretly hoping to meet the electricians, who would be busy at work – almost finished in fact – before we ever arrived.  Well, once again that was a dream that failed to come to fruition.  No one beat us to the house.  We found out later, though, that the electricians are supposed to start tomorrow.  We did get to see the plumber again, though.  He came by to see if the plumbing inspector has been by.  No such luck.  I talked to our contractor briefly.  I was trying to find out if March 13 was a good day for the sheetrockers to come in from Arlington.  He said he would call me back later tonight.

 

We did get something done.  I went back to scraping rust from the fireplace.  This time I had the drill and wire brush attachment.  It makes the process so much easier when you have the right tool.  I actually finished giving the once-over to the entire outside of the fireplace.  There were several cracks and crevices that I couldn't reach, though.  I need a different attachment that makes it possible to get in tighter places.  I wonder if there is such a thing.  Nathan said he has access to a sandblaster.  That should do the trick, but I'm not sure when we can make that happen.

 

We went by WalMart on the way home.  I decided to pick up a toilet kit.  One of the toilets at church is on the fritz.  That's something else I can do.  While we were there we passed by the power drill attachments.  Guess what?  There was exactly the one we needed to get into those hard to reach corners.  It was shaped kind of like a cone.  Now I can't wait to use it. 

 

The toilet didn't take long to finish.  Chris found the booklets for the Ash Wednesday service.  And waiting out in the parking lot was a guy from one of the relief organizations.  He was actually looking for places that need help.  Seems his group is going to have a thousand workers here over Spring Break and they need some more projects.  They were even interested in helping with the new building.  I hope we can put together our list of Seaside projects pretty quickly.

 

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

 

Father, all this talk of right tools makes me want to be sure I'm one.  Use me.  Amen.


No comments: