Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12 – “On Showers”

We went back to Lowe's this morning.  Chris must have had a bad dream or something.  She woke up and wanted to return one of the shower fixtures we bought just yesterday.  She wants to have a separate handle for the hot and cold water instead of one of those hotel-type things.  You know, it's round with one big handle.  You have to turn it until the water gets hot, then figure out which way is hot and which is cold.  Sometimes they have it marked.  Sometimes one side is red and the other is blue.  If you're lucky, the red side is hot, because that's what any normal person would expect.  But sometimes they get it hooked up backwards, so you really don't know which way to turn it.  And most of the time it is right in the middle of the stall, so you have to lean into it and get wet with all the cold water that is in the lines until the hot water heater kicks in.  Then it's too hot and you have to jump back out of the way and scream like a girl.  Not that I've ever had any experiences like that. 

 

I felt OK, so I went on to Galveston to teach at SCA.  When I walked in, a little girl about 6 years old came up to me and handed me a Valentine she had made herself.  It had her name and "Pastor" written in her own handwriting on the back.  That was quite a treat.  She even gave me a hug.  As she walked back to her class, one of the high school guys asked me how to spell my name.  Then he handed me a little heart he had cut out for me.  Sweet.  Not to be outdone, one of the high school girls came up with a valentine she had just made with glitter glue.  It's nice to be remembered on such a major holiday. 

 

I had the kids sit in a circle today for our lesson.  It worked well.  Or maybe it was just that it was different.  But they listened and participated.  At least for about 50 minutes.  That's all they can take at a time.

 

After school I met Chris at the house.  I met the plumbers there too.  They were going great.  They needed the plumbing, inside-the-wall part of the fixtures we are putting in the bathrooms for the bathtub-shower in the hall and the shower in the master bath.  Strangely enough, we had them with us.  When our contractor found out we had already brought them to the house, he couldn't stop talking about how we were the fastest homeowners he had ever worked with.  I guess that's a good thing.  Chris said it's just because we want to get into our house.  Yesterday. 

 

Psalm 84:2 says, "My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."

 

Father, I want to want you as much as I want to go home.  Amen.


No comments: