Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11 – “Design Department”

We have plumbers.  They aren't finished yet, but there is pipe in the attic and hanging down into the walls all over the place.  There is no access to any of it right now, but I have faith in these guys.  And I understand that the electricians are scheduled to come in pretty soon.  Progress.

 

Our contractor called this morning and needed to speak to the "design department" again.  That's his code for, "Let me talk to Chris.  You have no idea what you're talking about."  He's right.  He gave her some very specific tasks to do today.  They relate to the plumbers, so there is not much time to get it done.  That meant we had to go to Home Depot and Lowes today.  So much for a day of doing nothing to recuperate.  I still can't breathe.  I'm still sneezing.  My nose is still driving me crazy.  I'm about to call Christina and borrow some of her allergy stuff.  She squirts it up one side of her nose and it comes out the other.  Grosses her children out.  Kind of grosses me out, too.  But if it clears out the passages, I'm willing to try anything.

 

We did find the fixtures for both bathroom vanities and the shower and tub.  Then we ordered the cabinets for the buffet.  That's one of the areas we decided to take care of on our own instead of turning it over to the Amish cabinet guys.  Saved us a bunch of money.  The lady who took the order was new.  She had to ask about everything, but it sure helped us.  She managed to get the delivery fee completely waived.  Then she suggested we ask at the service desk if they would honor a credit promotion that just ended.  Twelve full months with no interest and no payments.  Now that will be a big help.  We'll get a few more dollars interest if nothing else.

 

I was exhausted when we finally got home.  Chris and Mom went on to church.  I'm staying around the house.  And around Cailyn.  Hey, she's the one who started this whole sick thing.  I don't think I'm going to give her anything. 

 

I am pretty sad to have missed our little trip to Mansfield to see Caleb and Zakary, though.  Maybe we can fit in some time next week. 

 

 Psalms 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

 

Father, that's some design department.  Amen.


No comments: