Wednesday, September 8, 2021

September 8 – “Fright of the Day”

Chris stayed at home with Ezra yesterday while I headed on over to water aerobics.  Quite the distinction for me, actually, to be the one actually exercising while Chris took a day off.  They were both still in bed when I left.  Chris was just waking up.  Ezra was sound asleep. 

 

I passed the twin motorcycle angels plastered on the side of a building.  I passed the lone Confederate sentry, silently standing guard over the city.  I pulled up to the gates of the pool.  And I was the only one there.  No, I mean I was literally the only one there.  Come to find out, the pool was closed.  It had been open for Labor Day, so they were taking the day off yesterday.  And everyone on the Island apparently knew about it … except me.  So much for exercise bragging rights.  But, then, I did have a lot to do at my computer. 

 

Meanwhile, back at the house, Chris got out of bed and completed her usual morning routine, as quietly as she could lest she wake up our little house guest.  She went to the laundry room to let out Freddy and our other little guest Leia.  And as she opened the door, she saw a slight movement out of the corner of her eye.  Did a critter make its way through the dog door?  Was this the largest rat she had ever seen?  After experiencing the fright of her day and no doubt the accompanying jump to go along with it, she realized that there sat Ezra, in front of Leia’s kennel, making sure he was as quiet as he could be so he wouldn’t wake up Nana.  She told him he had just scared her half to death.  And in the sweetest, most innocent voice he could muster, he replied, “I knew you told me DadDad was going to swimming class, but you would be here with me.”  Hmm.  Of course.  He wasn’t worried a bit.  Just chillin’ with the pups for a bit before starting his day …

 

2 Corinthians 9:7 says, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

 

Father, thank you for Ezra and his cool, calm, collected approach to starting the day.  Amen.

No comments: