Saturday, September 4, 2021

September 4 – “Two emergencies”

We made our three-miler with a side of ten flights of stairs again.  That’s a complete week of morning exercise.  Three mornings of walking and two of water aerobics.  I woke up this morning with a sore calf muscle.  Maybe I need a break …

 

Still working on a myriad of transition stuff for church.  Catching up and getting a little ahead on birthday cards, finishing up the transition questions to go over with Kel, to name a few.  This process will be ongoing for five more months.  And honestly?  Probably a while longer …

 

Chris went to her physical therapy evaluation for her shoulder yesterday.  Her range of motion is apparently considerably better.  Problem is her left arm is still really weak. She was put on a kind of temporary, situational hold on going to PT for six to eight weeks.  She’s not technically released yet.  She is supposed to see how it goes over that time period, of course continuing the exercises at home.  After that if she feels like she needs more help, she can email the physical therapist directly and resume her sessions without having to go through the doctor.  Hopefully she won’t need that.  She is pretty faithful about doing those exercises.

 

Last night as I went to turn out the front porch light, I noticed some flashing lights nearby.  I stepped out on the porch to see a fire truck and an ambulance at the house next door.  Our neighbor was being loaded for transport.  I didn’t get to talk with the fire fighters, though.  They took off in a hurry.  I checked my fire call app saw that they were hustling to give assistance to a fire that was raging … in Jamaica Beach.  It was on the bay side back a ways from the church.  I thought about heading out there, but I was afraid I would fall asleep at the wheel.  I stayed here and prayed for a while instead.  I saw later that the fire flared up again around 3 a.m.  To all the crews who responded the first time – Nice job.  To the crew who had to get up and get at it again at 3, I’m really proud of you guys.  God bless all of you.

 

James 5:13 says, “Is anyone among you in trouble?  Let him pray.  Is anyone happy?  Let him sing songs of praise.”

 

Father, please allow those guys who responded to the fire a chance to get some rest today.  Amen.

No comments: