Friday, September 17, 2021

September 17 – “Wait …”

Well, I went to water aerobics yesterday.  Chris was still pretty exhausted from the drive back from San Antonio, so I left her still in bed.  I was late to class.  Not bad late, but obviously late.  The class had already begun.  I put my towel on one of the tables and headed toward the water.  And suddenly, everything stopped.  For some reason all eyes were on me.  I was wearing a bathing suit, so I knew my fly wasn’t open.  I hesitated a moment, and the teacher said, “We’re just going to wait here and watch you until you get in.”  Strange.  But, I shrugged my shoulders and did my patented step off the side and plunge under the water.  I rose to the surface, and apparently didn’t disappoint the class.  My first words were, “Oh, yeah.  That’s cold.”  Everyone laughed and resumed class.  I turned a little blue, I’m sure.  I was immediately glad Chris didn’t come.  We might have been making a trip to the emergency room.  The water stayed frigid the rest of the session.  It was a really cloudy day.  Even rained on us.  No lightning, though, so we plodded on.

 

Back at home, I tried to follow the self-help directions to reconnect our wifi.  Ended up where I started: “Wait for help from your service tech.”  I finally texted the Gerans and asked if I could piggyback on their wifi.  They agreed, and the positioning of my computer somehow allowed me to get onto their service right away.  I got quite a bit done.  But then I tried to do some printing.  Nope.  My printer wouldn’t operate.  It was demanding to know what this new wifi network was.  I tried to tell it, but the machine wouldn’t listen to me.  I finally called customer service, and guess what message I got?  “Wait for your service tech.”  So I put the files I needed onto a flash drive and carried them over to the Gerans to print on their printer.  Thanks so much for the assistance, Corey. 

 

Luke 6:36 says, “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

 

Father, thank you for neighbors who are also downright friendly.  Amen.

No comments: