Monday, July 1, 2019

July 1 – “A quick addendum”


I suppose in a sense I have to add a quick addendum to our Kids Camp 2019 log.  At church yesterday two of the girls who went with us insisted that we sing the “I’m a Nut at Kids Camp 2019” song.  They wanted to do it right in the middle of the service, but I convinced them it would be wiser to wait until just after.  They gave me to opportunity to wait, either.  Both of them came running up after the final strains of the “Family of God” chorus wafted through the air.  And sure enough, the three of us sang through the song.  At least two people recorded the whole thing on their phones.  Why, I have no earthly idea.  There must have been twenty others who just stayed to listen in.  I appreciate their willingness to support the kids and sit through our grand melodious account of the week.  I was proud of the girls, though.  They really got into the singing, and especially the chorus. 

And now it’s July.  Deep breath here.  Chris reminded me yesterday that this week we have Micah’s and Nathan’s birthdays.  Then Saturday is the Jamaica Beach Volunteer Fire Department extravaganza fund raiser at the park.  And then next week – next Thursday to be exact – we leave for Arlington.  And then next Saturday we get on a plane bound for Alaska.  That’s some exciting stuff to look forward to.  Now if I can just get a few days in here where I can sleep whenever I want to.  Sigh.  Guess I’ll go mow the grass …

Exodus 14:14 says, “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

Father, thank you for the courage of those two little girls.  Let it be an example to all of us.  Amen.


No comments: