Monday, July 8, 2019

July 8 – “Why go?”


Getting ready to head into Texas for my oral surgery.  Sounds so ominous, doesn’t it.  The guy is just supposed to pull one of my teeth.  Let’s get it done.

Here’s a little something I read in my quiet time the other day.  For some reason it stuck with me, I guess because it’s about the church.

Why go to church?
1) In the body of Christ, you belong to a family focused on all the things of God, which are good, right and healthy.
2) In the body of Christ, you will grow faster in your walk with God.  Because of our new identity in Christ, we live to express who we are in Christ, not to prove who we are.
3) In the body of Christ, you become a part of a movement larger than yourself.
Taken from NIV Believe

Romans 8:26 says, “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”

Father, I give you this little trip to the dentist today.  Please take care of the post-surgical healing quickly.  There’s somewhere I need to be for the next few weeks.  Amen.

No comments: