Friday, July 5, 2019

July 5 – “a four-legged critter”


Despite a significant easing of the intensity of the ache, I’m definitely not giving up my appointment to get this tooth pulled.  It has been aching uncontrollably, but it still has its moments.  Especially with cold stuff.  Hot coffee and hot tea haven’t been a real problem, but cold drinks and cold watermelon are difficult.  So, just a few more days …

We were watching TV last night (Something on HGTV, I think), when a movement outside the back window caught our eye.  We both looked at the same time and there it was.  Unquestionably.  A large … very large … rat.  We went outside to see if Freddy would chase it off.  Well, Chris handed me a shovel on her way to stand on the deck stairs.  Chris was worried that the rat was bigger than Freddy.  I’m sure it would have been a battle royale.  Freddy bravely went right into the bush where the critter was last seen, and I thought I saw a bit of tail, but she came right out, wondering what all the fuss was about.  She didn’t even bark.  Ah, well.  Such is the life living among the local wildlife.  Just so it stays outside and doesn’t sneak in through the dog door …

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

Father, I appreciate your little four-legged critters.  I know they eat cockroaches and all.  But would you lead them somewhere other than our back yard?  Amen.

No comments: