Thursday, July 11, 2019

July 11 - “Prep confusion”

So this is us checking things off the list before our trip to Alaska ...

Yesterday we did the required yard work.  I mowed and Chris ran the weed eater and swept.  Why did she take over the weed eating duties?  Because I moved on to tree trimming duties on the roof.  And since when did that become a pre-trip task?  Since there is a potential hurricane forming in the Gulf even as we speak.  So, yep.  We are also doing storm prep in the middle of vacation prep.  That also means moving potted plants around and making sure loose furniture outside is adjusted so it doesn’t become an unintentional hazard.  More of that to come today, I’m sure.

Chris added another quick trip to Palais Royal to her plate.  She had some last minute clothes adjustments she wanted, mainly for the interminably long plane ride to Anchorage.  I stayed home and tried to get some recuperating done.  The pain from the teeth pulling is almost gone.  Now it is just enough to be supremely annoying, especially the stitches that I couldn’t really feel before.  I’ll be gad when they dissolve or fall out or whatever their final disposition will be.  Chris surprised me with a little gift.  She found a couple of shirts on sale for me to wear with my suit.  A red one and a gray one.  Classy stuff.  Dressing me up for the formal nights onboard ship, I guess.

I’m typing the on my iPad directly to the blog site this morning.  My usual routine is to type it on my computer and then transfer it over to the blog site so I have a copy of it.  But of course this morning my computer decided it needed some time to update itself.  Substantial time.  I don’t mind doing things this way.  It’s how I’ll have to do them on the trip anyway (if we even have internet service).  Just annoying, you know?

OK.  Time to check the latest hurricane tracking report and see if we need to pull our important papers and photo backups and ...

Proverbs 2:8 says, “For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.”

Father, would you protect folks from the effects of that storm out there?  Amen.

No comments: