Friday, July 12, 2019

July 12 – “Intent to re-pack”


And now we reach T-minus, well, for us, zero.   For the airplane departure … one day.

Yesterday we spent all day packing.  No, you don’t understand.  I mean literally hours upon hours of packing.  About some things my wife is a perfectionist.  This would be one of those things.

Now we did have to leave the house twice.  A stop by the bank to make a deposit and a trip to Randall’s.  We figured out I would run out of one of my prescriptions before we could get back to town, so I called it in.  Problem was two-fold.  One, it had to be reapproved by the doctor.  And two, it would be too early for the insurance company to approve a simple renewal.  I finally had to call the doc’s office and after explaining the situation, request them to send it as a new prescription.  Then the pharmacy fast-tracked it to get insurance company approval.  A lot of steps, but we are good on that front now. 

When we went back to pick up the meds, we had to make a stop at WalMart.  I needed a few more socks.  Oh, and underwear.  They had my underwear style that I like.

Finally we’re ready?  Well, not exactly.  See, we both woke up at a little after 3 a.m.  My reason was probably steroid related.  Chris’ was clearly suitcase-related.  In fact it was bothering her so much that she got out of bed.  Curious as to intent, I followed.  Sure enough, she was in the spare bedroom, emptying out and re-packing the suitcases.  She pulled out a few items she decided she didn’t really need.  I offered to sacrifice as well, but she was pretty focused.  Hmm, I wonder … No, I’m pretty sure she was awake. 

So, OK.  She finished up around 4:20 or so.  I think all has met with her seal of approval.  Today she said she still has to water her plants one last time.  I just have to gather up my toothless meds.  Quick update there … it is still a little sensitive and kind of sore, and the stitches are still annoying.  And the other side of my mouth is tired of having to take up all the slack of chewing.  Guess I’ll give it another salt water wash before we leave.  Almost done with the steroids, but I still have a week’s worth of antibiotics to finish out.  But … onward …

Matthew 5:16 says, “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”

Father, we’re about off.  Would you come with us?  Amen.

No comments: