Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12 – “Vaughan Medical Mystery Duo”

Cailyn spent the night with Monday night and stayed with us all day Tuesday.  Yet another indication that it is Spring Break week in Galveston.  She and Chris spent a good portion of the morning working hard on a quilt.  Yep.  Nani is teaching the next generation how to sew.  Cailyn picked out the material one of the times they went shopping together.  Yesterday was cutting it into squares, arranging the squares into a pattern, and beginning the tedious process of sewing the squares together.  I did get a picture or two of the event in case Cailyn ever comes back when she’s a teenager and claims no one ever taught her how to sew.  Evidence. 

Christina also brought her four kids over for the afternoon so they could ride bikes and generally be outside.  Except for Noa.  She decided that the afternoon at Nani’s house is the best time and place for a two hour nap.  There’s a lot to be said for Noa’s ingenuity in that regard.  They got here in time for the required meal of pizza.  Good thing we ordered some just the day before.  Of course Chris commented that she is now done with pizza for a very long time.  Hey, at least we didn’t eat it for breakfast.  And the whole time Mom was trying to figure out who all the children were and who they belonged to and who they belonged to, belonged to.  It was a very confusing time for her.  Chris finally wrote her out a little family tree to go with the pictures she has so she would have something to refer back to.   

Though I did get to enjoy a slice of pizza, I spent most of the day back at the hospital.  Uncle Jerry is still ensconced there.  Great word, isn’t it?  Means entrenched, screened, hidden away.  I think that’s about how he feels right now.  The doctors are still totally stumped by what is happening to him this time.  April came in to check on him during her lunch break.  I wanted to get a picture of the two of them together – the Vaughan Medical Mystery Duo.  She told us that she had managed to talk to the vascular doctors, and they have ruled out everything from their perspective.  I guess that’s a good thing.  The next group to come through was the dermatologists.  They apparently hadn’t ever seen anything like it either.  They wanted to see each of the actual bottles of the medicine he has been taking.  That’s where I came in.  I had no sooner returned to the house from my visit with him, than I received a call from him asking if I would go to his house and gather up all the bottles and get them to the hospital as soon as I could.  So I hastily gobbled down my pizza and headed over to his house.  So as of last night we still don’t know what is going on with him.  Maybe they will find some kind of medication reasons for the persistent rash of bruising and blistering.  This is one of those cases that appears to need a greater physician.  And I’m not talking about ol’ Dr. House here. 

Jeremiah 17:14 says, “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”

Father, you are the Great Physician.  These guys down here could sure use some supernatural insight.  Amen.

No comments: