Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18 – “Schnitzel”

We had a great day in church yesterday.  One visitor even said this to me: “The Holy Spirit didn’t completely bowl me over when I walked through the door, but I could sure tell he was here.” 

It was our Harvest Celebration, where everyone was asked to consider things they are thankful for, and then present some kind of special offering to God.  I thought it would be interesting to share some of the responses.  Human being names have been omitted to protect the innocent.  Pet’s names, however, have been included.
Things I am thankful for:
Being born in a land such as America (USA).  Much is given, much is expected.

I am thankful for a family with no major death threatening illness at this time.

I’m thankful for: family (includes pets and friends), a roof over my head, memories, health, relationships, EVERYTHING.

For family and friends, for my mother & father, food, home, roof over my head, Jesus on the cross to save my sins, clothes, pets (my cat Panther), music, love.

I’m thankful that I get to help so many people in my profession and use Godly principles and love with my people.

Family.

Friends, food (tacos, chicken & chips), family, pets (Pooky, Lilly & Little Pee)

Christ saved me, my wife, my family.

I’m thankful for my home and my time with my daughter.

Family, peace among Christians, absence of pain.

I am thankful for my husband & our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Food, pets, life, & water.

 I don’t look at the offerings that come in, but I did notice there were quite a few envelopes in the giving boxes.  I also saw a gift card.  Now that’s being a bit creative.   I like it.  Now here’s a few of the responses related to what you will commit to give God.

I commit to: forgive people who will not ever ask for it or understand or care that what they do is hateful, continue to tithe and look for ways to do more offerings, reach out to my neighbors, share my faith more without worrying about people questioning why.

To be obedient, to help where I’m needed, to pray when I’m upset and when I need some comfort, to repent.

I commit to pray more for those I know who are facing life threatening diseases.

To have a closer relationship with the Lord.

To be a better friend and forgive.

To be a better person to everyone, to be more kinder to siblings.

To renew my purpose in serving God.

I will bring a snack breakfast for the youth on Sundays.

To give an extra amount in offering today, help teach when needed.

To see my family more often.

Be the best man I can, pick people up in happiness & peace within.

I will do good when they call the kids up.

It was exciting to me that even the children participated in the experience today.  And we had more people stay for dinner on the grounds than we have had in a long time.  And speaking of dinner on the grounds, I tried the schnitzel that someone brought.  Very good stuff.  It helped when I was told that it was actually chicken fried pig.  And I didn’t even put a whole lot of ketchup on it.  Check off one more new and exotic food.

Psalms 119:15-16 says, “I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.  I delight in your decrees I will not neglect your word.”

Father, thank you for all the different ways people expressed their thanks it.

No comments: