Friday, November 30, 2012

November 30 – “A Dream Call”

I had one of those odd dreams last night, and it wasn’t even drug-induced.  Not scary like a nightmare.  Not informative like a revelation from God (at least I don’t think it was).  Not wonderful or joyful or flooding my very being with a sense of great peace.  It was just odd.  I’m sure there was more to it, but all I can remember is coming home (from where I have no idea).  There on our couch were all of our grandkids, fast asleep.  And on the couch with them was a friend of ours from out at Seaside, Kathy LaBuff.  Now, I haven’t seen Kathy in quite a while.  She’s a nurse out at UTMB and her husband is a sheriff deputy.  Last time I saw them was when I did their son’s wedding last year.  But there was Kathy, just as clear as day.  She told me Chris was a bit frazzled, so she came over to help with the kids.  That’s all.  Very odd.  Very simple. 

What could it mean?  Was it a message?  Perhaps a revelation of some deep, hidden truth that I was not able to comprehend in my waking state?  Was Chris about to have a difficult day – so exasperating that she would need some help from without to enable her to get through it?  I don’t think so.  She can handle more than any woman I know in terms of stress.  Were the LaBuffs in danger?  I don’t think that was it, either.  Did I mention Kathy’s husband is a sheriff deputy?  They’ve got it handled. 

Now, I know everyone faces stress of some kind every day, though.  And who couldn’t use a little help from their friends?  That’s more than just a line from an old song, you know.  I woke up right after that, so I followed our procedure of saying a prayer for any recognizable person in a dream.  Guess I’ll send the LaBuff clan a quick note today to let them know I thought of them. 

Psalms 42:1 says, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.”

Father, watch over all the LaBuffs today: Brian and Kathy and Kelly and Skyler and Corey Beth.  Amen

No comments: