Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 4 – “Enough said”


We had a house guest last night.  A friend from my oldest of old Seaside days was back in town overnight to visit with a friend of his who just got married.  Ken came down to meet the new bride.  They didn’t enough room for him to stay with them, so we got the honors.  And Cindy was with him.  That’s his thirteen-year-old dog.  Ken’s a long-time bachelor, so Cindy is pretty special to him as a companion.  She had the joy of hanging out with Fritz and Heidi.  All Heidi did was bark at her, but Fritz did everything he could to get her to play.  I think she’ll be glad to get home tomorrow.

Cailyn spent the night with us Friday.  When she woke up she cried out for me to come tickle her, so I complied.  She wasn’t completely awake yet, though.  That often makes for some optimal intelligence gathering opportunities.  This time, however, she didn’t need any prompting whatsoever.  Through bleary eyes she freely offered one particularly revealing comment. 

Cailyn: Yawning.  “My mommy got her eyebrows waxed-ed last night.”

Me: “She did?  Now why did she do that?”

Cailyn: Yawning again.  “‘Cause they were too hairy.”
 
I … I … I have nothing further to say.

Psalms 37:5-6 says, “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”

Father, make yourself known to someone today.  Amen.

No comments: