Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29 – “Nighttime madness”


Well, I must be more exhausted than I thought.  I didn’t wake up until almost 8:00 this morning.  Nothing all that unusual happened last night as far as I can remember.  Chris and I prayed together.  I did some crossword puzzles.  I turned off the light.  Then Chris heard Heidi knock over the gate in the dogs’ suite.  I’m not sure how she knew it was Heidi, but I’m not one to argue with her Mommy sensors.  I got up to check on things.  The gate wasn’t knocked over.  But Heidi was standing right next to it.  Eerie.  Maybe Chris’s sensors kicked in a little over the top and she heard what might have been.  I moved the gate to see if she wanted to go outside while I refilled the water bowl.  When I returned she went right to bed.  So much for that nighttime madness.  Boy, things sure get wild around here after eleven pm, don’t they?  I remember the days when we were snuggling into Nathan’s bed to wait for him to return from one of his sneak-out-the-window-they-will-never-know evening jaunts.  It was sure a surprise to him when he returned to find Mom and Dad in his bed.  I haven’t laughed like that in a long time.  Er, I mean, I certainly hope that taught the young whippersnapper a thing or two. 

If all goes as planned today will be another hospital run day.  Uncle Jerry is supposed to be released if they can find some way to get him back up the stairs at his house.  I guess his physical therapy sessions went well at the hospital.  He didn’t mention anything about a rehab stint this time.  I also want to go see Joe, the guys from church who had open heart surgery.  He is in a regular room and has been amazing the nurses with his ability to rebound.  Apparently he was walking laps around the intensive care unit the day after his surgery.  He has had some awareness issues, thinking he was at home, but for an 83 year old who has just had his chest ripped open and he heart fiddled with, I think he’s entitled to some confusion.  I’m sure making my reservation now for the confusion I intend to invoke when I get his age.  I have a whole list of goofy things I want to do and blame it on my age.  If I can just remember where I put it …

Psalms 41:13 says, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.  Amen and Amen.”

Father, keep up that healing process with Uncle Jerry and with Joe.  Amen.

No comments: