Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8 – “Granny in a bikini”

 

We spent some time today scanning old photos that Chris got from her Mom's house after she died.  Some of them were really old ones of grandparents and even further back.  Some were of her brothers and sister.  Some were pictures that we sent through the years.  Some were of a vacation that we took with them back when Kel was a baby.  That was our first jaunt into Canada.  My favorites, though were the ones of Chris.  As a baby.  As an elementary student.  In high school.  I saw her date to the high school prom.  She had her hair in one of those updo things.  They look kind of silly to me.  I was so glad she didn't do that when we got married.  I understand her Dad told her, "That boy fell in love with you with long hair.  Why would you want to stick it up in the air now?"  That makes a lot of sense.  Anyway, the pictures were great fun to look through.  My wife has been a gorgeous babe ever since she was kid.  I have to say, one of the pictures was of her Mom in a bikini.  I can't wait to plant that image in the minds of my sons.  Granny in a bikini.  Almost rivals MeeMaw in a grass skirt and coconut bra.

 

Chris's Dad called today.  He is spending a lot of time with his lawyer.  As a result Chris does not look forward to talking to him.  It really frustrates her.  The conversation always has to end the same way.  "It's up to the lawyers now."  I've been asking God to work an unbelievable miracle and draw him into His kingdom.  That would be amazing to everybody.  And it would definitely qualify as one of those "only God can do it" things.

 

Experiencing God is still moving on.  Some of the folks are really being affected by the principles.  Others are having a hard time getting into the whole thing.  One of the things I got out of this week was that for a study like this, you have to focus on your own life.  The point is not to look for how you think God should be working in someone else.  That's the Holy Spirit's job.  On the other hand it's fine to look around and see who God is bringing into our midst.  That's no accident, and it's kind of exciting to wonder what kind of effect they will have on the group in years to come. 

 

Psalms 119:65-66 says, "Do good to your servant according to your word, O Lord.  Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands."

 

Father, again I appeal to you to draw Chris' Dad toward you.  Work a miracle there that all will truly know was your work alone.  Amen.


No comments: