Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24 – “Antz”

 

One of our families at Seaside got some tough news this morning.  Hutch is the one who almost single-handedly saw to it that our school got built. He had an angiogram and they discovered some pretty significant blockages.  Enough that he is now scheduled for open heart surgery to do at least four bypasses Friday morning.  He was hoping to go home for a Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, but they told him to get comfortable.  The soonest he can get out is next Friday if all goes well.  Lots of prayer will be going up for that good guy. 

 

I stopped in at Lifeway after I left the hospital.  I am out of anniversary cards.  I like to send one to the couples whose wedding ceremonies I perform.  While "in the area" I did some Christmas shopping for Chris.  I love that girl.

 

I did some computer work this afternoon, but about 3:00 I got one of the worst headaches I have had in a long time.  I'm not allowed to take Tylenol or Motrin or anything like that, so I just went to bed for about thirty minutes.  It helped some.  When I came back to the desk, Chris remembered that Mom had a new medication to be picked up at Randall's, so she asked if I could do the honors.  Chris has been cleaning and cooking all day to prepare for the grandchildren onslaught tomorrow.  She can't wait.  I can't wait.

 

I stopped at WalMart to search for a DVD.  I have been looking for the kids' movie Antz to use for a sermon illustration this Sunday.  So far no luck anywhere.  Anybody got a copy I can borrow?  I want to play the scene where they sing "High Hopes."

 

Then when I got home, I found an email notifying me that our virus protection was about to run out.  That meant I had to figure out how to switch it over to this computer first, since our other one in unusable.  That took almost two hours.  I finally pieced together that we have two different Norton programs on our two computers.  The desktop has a simple antivirus program.  The laptop has a fuller version of internet security.  It was on an automatic renewal, but I changed that to have them notify me so I can know when it will be entered on the credit card.  I think I have a handle on it now.  Ah, computers. 

 

Jachin and Micah stopped by tonight.  Kel came over to help me empty out the grease we used to fry the turkeys.  They are frying one Saturday and they are going to strain out the gunk and reuse it.  It actually looked pretty clean.  They use the same seasoning rub we do anyway, so it should be fine.  

 

Galatians 5:13-14 says, "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.  The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

 

Father, take care of Hutch over the next few weeks.  Amen.


No comments: