Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27 – “A flying trip”

 

Once again there is an answer brewing before we know how to ask for it.  Last night we made the decision.  We are going on vacation for the first time in ten years.  And we are leaving first thing in the morning.  I assumed that meant there would be at least a two week layoff in journal entries since we had no laptop.  That might still be the case, but then again …

 

We made a flying trip into Texas - to Houston - tonight.  Our friends with the extra laptop said we could come on up and get it, so we did.  And Mom even rode up with us.  It was great seeing them again.  We got to visit for an hour or so.  Chris got to tell the story of her summer.  I can't tell if she wants to or not.  It sure seems to help her to talk about it though.  She almost cried a time or two when she talked about her Mom's last hours, but she got through it just fine.  It helps so much to have people who really care about you to listen. 

 

I'll check out the computer in the morning, though.  It's late and my eyes are really burning.  I rode the whole way home with them closed.  That wasn't easy, either.  Every little bump I wanted to open them.  Every time Chris signaled to change lanes I wanted to open them.  Every time I shifted my weight I wanted to open them.  I know I dozed a few times, but every time I woke up I wanted to open them.  That's a strange struggle.  Keeping your eyes closed when everything within you says, "Open.  Open.  Open."  Good picture of trying not to sin.

 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

 

Father, thank you – again - for good friends.  Amen.


No comments: