Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15 – “Security”

 

Another difficulty arose when it came to light that a group of squatters had arrived and claimed territory for their own.  The General, overwhelmed by other concerns, decided to let the Active Nomadic Tribe Squatters alone as much as possible, for they really did no harm to the common residents, and their fierce ways made them a force to be reckoned with.

 

Mom wanted to go to Golden corral yesterday.  She said to call in the troops and see how many could come.  Strangely enough, both Kel's and Nathan's families were both available.  So we all descended upon the place.  And they put us in the back room.  The only other people in there were some vice squad officers.  I guess that means we had our own security detail.  Or maybe Golden Corral felt like they needed one – from us.

 

What's the deal with watering the grass anyway?  I understand that it needs water and all that.  But who established the 15 minutes per area rule?  Was that just Chris' thing, or is there some obscure scientific finding that says grass needs fifteem minutes of watering or it will all die a miserable death?  I do my best to follow her schedule.  Go set the sprinkler up, turn on the water and come inside and wait fifteen minutes.  Do it again.  Four times in the front.  Five times in the back.  And that's if I remember the timer.  The periwinkles in the front looked like they had been stepped on after their round.  They have taken over one of the flower beds, even covering up the three little shrubs in there, somewhere. 

 

Wait a minute.  This all sounds familiar.  I guess I have ranted about it before.  It's one of those things that just doesn't go away when you have house.   I will definitely be glad when Chris gets back and can take over at least keeping up with the schedule for outside stuff.  Just tell me what to do out there and I'll get to it.

 

With the big Grand Opening at church this weekend my to do list is never ending.  I scratch off two things and add four.  This afternoon I just wanted to text back and forth with Chris.  Actually I wanted to sit face to face with Chris and talk.  Can't remember the last time we had uninterrupted time to do that. 

 

Psalms 4:6-8 says, "Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

 

Father, I long for the light of Chris' face.  Yours must be incredibly awesome.  Amen.


No comments: