Friday, September 24, 2010

September 24 – “Laptops and vacations”

 

The new office chair works just fine.  Got it at Office Depot on sale, and they took a coupon on top of that.  Started looking at laptops.  I have no idea what to look for.  I want to be able to write things to DVD's and I want the Office software on it.  Beyond that I have no idea.  Great.  Research time.  Help.

 

Speaking of research, Chris and I finally talked about taking a trip.  Neither of us has any idea where we want to go, but we do want to go.  We haven't taken a vacation since our 25th anniversary ten years ago.  So far the only solid thing on the agenda is going up to watch Zakary play soccer on a Saturday.  Chris wants to do a road trip through some of the little towns in Texas taking the back roads.  That sounds like fun.  And that's where research comes in again.  Sure hope Seaside is OK with it.

 

There are some roadblocks already up, though.  We want the laptop to take with us so we can look stuff up about where we are.  We also need to make sure Mom is cared for while we are gone.  She has water therapy and eye drops and eating that really needs to happen.  Chris' Dad has a doctor's appointment somewhere in there as well, and she wants to continue taking him to those.  I wanted to be back before the big associational prayer walk over Galveston on October 16th.  Seaside really needs to participate in that one.  I guess there will always be something.  That's why we haven't taken one in ten years.

 

My trip to the rheumatoid arthritis doctor was pretty much like the last one. He came in, listened to my breathing, checked my finger, knee and elbow joints, and changed medication.  The blood test turned out fine, so he's upping the sulfasalazine another notch.  Blood test in a month.  Come back in six weeks.  He did say it was OK to keep taking the pain medication.  So far I only take it at night so I can get some sleep.

 

Mom was sick last night.  She never called out to us, but she apparently vomited in her bed and in several places in her room before she got to the bathroom.  Maybe it was something she ate in all the funeral leftovers we have.  Chris had that cleanup duty today.  One more thing for her to do.  I volunteered to mow the grass so I wouldn't add to the problem.  Mom has slept a lot today, so I hope she's gathering her strength back. 

 

Psalms 20:1-5 says, "May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.  May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.  May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings.  Selah

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.   We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.  May the Lord grant all your requests."

 

Father, that's some blessing.  I pray that for Chris and Mom and our kids and their kids and Seaside.  Amen.


No comments: