Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 25 – “Tough Question”

 

I upped the medicine as the doctor instructed.  Now I have to wait another month to make sure it doesn't eat my liver.  Then we up it again, "until we reach the therapeutic dose."  It finally hit me today that he meant I really won't get any relief from this stuff until we get back up to at least eight of these pills a day.  That's what I was taking when they were working the last time.  That puts it sometime next year.  Literally.  I have been hurting all day today, so this has been on my mind.  At least I have been able to sleep at night. 

 

We took a trip into Texas today.  Chris wanted to go to a quilt store.  She asked if I wanted to go or just stay here.  Tough question.  I honestly couldn't answer right away.  Ordinarily I don't get very excited about trips to quilt stores.  I had plenty to do here at home.  Sermon to go over.  I knew that sitting in the car meant I would either throb in the joints or go to sleep.  But Chris has been gone for three months.  I just wanted to hang out with her wherever she went.  I'm a romantic at heart.  So I said I would join her.  Of course that meant Mom would want to go along, too.  So we all went into the big state.  I took along a crossword puzzle book.  I think I lasted almost to the causeway before I conked out.  Did get a few lines filled in though.

 

When we got home I got a Facebook message from some good friends in Houston asking if I would like to have their old laptop.  They just got a new one.  Sounds great to me.  I'm not sure when we'll be able to connect on it though.  Maybe they can be our first stop on out trip if we ever get to take it.  I'm beginning to get worried that we may have to pass on a vacation again this year.  Our window of opportunity is dwindling, especially if we decide to head anywhere north of Dallas.  And if we don't get a laptop I won't be able to continue with the journal.  That'll be a hard habit to break.  Or restart again.

 

Chris is working on thank you notes from the funeral.  The funeral home provided them as part of the package.  They were printed in such a way that we couldn't even figure out what was supposed to go on the front.  The biggest problem, though, was no addresses.  So I guess if you sent some flowers or food and you don't get a thank you note from Chris … we don't know where you live.  Thank you.

 

1 Thessalonians 3:9 says, "How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?"

 

Father, thank you for all those people who expressed their love and condolences to Chris and her family.  Bless them because of it.  You're a lot better than a thank you note.  Amen.


No comments: