Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 16 – “Expensive hay?”


OK all you dream mongers.  Here’s the latest.  We were on a cruise.  Unmistakably a cruise, but no idea where we were going.  I was approached by someone in ship’s uniform and was “informed” (more than “requested”) that I would be going into town to pick up some bales of hay.  I performed the task, and when I returned I drove through a maze of those kinds of trees that, instead of leaves, have those appendages that fall apart into tiny little grainy particles that get all over everything.  Making my way to the ship captain, I gave him his change, which amounted to a one hundred dollar bill and two ones.  I also reported, “You do know that you had me go to the most expensive places possible to buy this hay, don’t you?”  Sorry.  He didn’t reply, and I woke up.  Figure that one out.

I helped Chris out a little bit yesterday after my usual Monday workday.  She was doing a Spring Cleaning-esque job on our bedroom.  Herculean effort, I might add.  She organized the bedside tables and moved stuff out to other sites and most significantly … dusted and swept the entire room.  She even found some dust bunnies stuffed under the dresser that had grown into full-blown March hares, so big that they couldn’t get out to attend the Mock Turtle’s tea party.  That was an attempt at a literary allusion, for those who appreciate that sort of thing.  As a result, I didn’t sneeze a thousand times when we went to bed last night.  Didn’t sneeze at all in fact.  I kind of missed it …

Last night we went to Cailyn’s softball game.  She only batted once.  Walked on four pitches that weren’t even close.  Stole second and third and scored on a wild pitch.  Her team won handily.  Jachin plays baseball today.  Three games, in fact.  But the game is about an hour from Waco.  Guess we’ll miss these.

Psalms 91:1-2 says, “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’”

Father, please watch over Jachin and the guys on his team.  It’s gonna be a hot one.  Amen.

No comments: