Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 10 – “Junior High Fight Song???”


Chris and I ran an errand for the church yesterday.  Seems the refrigerator in the kitchen there is rapidly deteriorating in its ability to keep things cold.  Kind of a requirement for a fridge, don’t you think?  The oven in there is pretty ragged as well, so we went to Home Depot to order replacements.  The stove was not really a problem.  Chris picked out one fairly similar to what we already have.  Simple design and function.  Visible electric coils.  Available right away.

The fridge, however, was quite a different story.  I guess the fridge manufacturers are still in quarantine or something.  The one we initially picked out was no longer available, of course.  And not many of the others were in stock or even accessible from the manufacturer.  We finally located one that was scheduled to be delivered to the store in two weeks.  We grabbed it.  Delivery set for the 24th.  Oh, and while we were there we looked at flooring for the worship center.  Just in the beginning stages there.  We’ll need a panel of female experts to help with the color palate for sure …

We picked up Cailyn on our way back to the house.  She needed a ride out to Austin Middle School to pick up her yearbook.  It is really nice.  Very slick job.  Even has her name imprinted on the cover.  It did cause me to wax sentimental, though.  I remembered my junior high fight song, I think. Let’s see …
            Fight for Weis, the Owls will fight for the red and white
            So onward together boys, never say die.
            Owls fight to win this game.  We’ll cheer you on to fame.
            Weis Junior High School fight on to victory.
            W – E – I – S – Weis!  Weis Owls!  Fight!  Fight!  Fight!

I may be wrong on some of it, but I’ll probably get corrected if I am.  I did sing it for Chris and Cailyn in the car.  They asked me to never do that again.  Ever.  Something about a headache …

1 Peter 4:8 says, “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.”

Father, thank you for a few little things.  Like refrigerators and ovens and yearbooks and memories and grandchildren to share the memories with.  Amen.

No comments: