Monday, January 27, 2020

January 26 - “A Day at Sea ... again”

Well, to start off here, After reading yesterday's blog, Chris reminded me that we also went to a museum on that tour we took in Curaçao.  That is true.  But it was kind of forgettable, I guess.  I do remember some old antique furniture people had donated.  Interesting, I suppose.  But I also remember one other thing.  It was hot.  No air conditioning.

So yesterday ...
We took an early morning stroll around the ship.  Chris’ leg ache is back.  I’m just glad we didn’t have an excursion planned.  On that walk Chris took some pictures of Colombia.  She also took some of the dining room where we eat dinner.  Pretty elaborate place.  We spent a long time chatting with our new friends Vern and Kat.  They seem to be really great folks.

We finally went back to the room to just crash a while.  While I napped Chris spied some “sea creatures” and called me to take a look.  I never saw anything, but we decided they must hav been dolphins.

The scuttlebut talk around the ship all afternoon was the news that basketball star Kobe Bryant had been killed in a helicopter crash.  His 13-year-old daughter was with him.  Sad.

Next we hung out on dec just looking at the water.  We did break up that excitement with a game of mini-golf.  Next we attended the afternoon show.  It was a series of movie based games.  We decided it felt like we were at youth camp when the Rec Team was doing stunts.  Except here it was with adults.  Oh, and here there was the occasional inappropriate comment.  It was fun, though.

Aaaand ... then back to the room for another nap. These days at sea are exhausting.

It was dress-up night for dinner again.  I added the tie this time, just to look snazzy for my wife.  Good food, too.  Grilled shrimp, a crab patty, and some chowder.  That was followed by another show.  This one was a musical theater production centered around a guy. Who played the piano and sang.  Very well done.

The final event of the night was a 70’s party in the Atrium.  Just a lot of disco music and dancing.  I enjoyed it.   Chris didn’t always join me in my dancing, though.  But the one slow dance was worth the tie ...

Today we hit the Panama Canal.  Very early morning ... 4:30 a.m.  Up and at ‘em.

1 Peter 1:13 says, “Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.”

Father, be with our new friends Vern and Kat.  Give them a great vacation. Amen.

No comments: