Monday, January 13, 2020

January 13 – “We are on our way …”


OK.  Now it’s officially less than a week from our cruise sail date.  Chris admitted last night that she is finally getting excited about it.  I’m just focused on getting everything done that has to be done before we leave. 

Yesterday was a great day at church.  I should have known it was going to be a good one when I walked up to read the opening scripture from my iPad.  There was a text message from one of the Seasiders.  It read, “We are on our way.  Don’t start church without us!”  Made my day before we even started. Where else would that happen?

The worship service involved an interactive communion experience.  Lots of sharing of God stories and not a few tears.  The day started out really fun.  We changed the entire configuration of the chairs into a semicircle.  People’s reactions as they entered the room were absolutely priceless.  One guy said he didn’t know where to sit because he always keyed where he sat by who usually sat in front of him.  Just about every regular at least did a noticeable doubletake.  One lady sat down, looked up, and started waving to the people on the other side of the room.  She wondered where all those people over there came from.  I had lots of comments about leaving it that way.  We’ll see …

One of the actions involved pouring the juice into small cups and serving each other in clusters of four or five.  I enjoyed watching the groups maneuver around each other and smile and say their “thank you’s” and “excuse me’s.”  The whole morning was a great picture of a family loving on each other.  Thanks, Holy Spirit …

Psalms 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”

Father, thank you for the openness and “real-ness” we saw yesterday.  Felt a lot like … well … church.  Amen.

No comments: