Wednesday, June 5, 2019

June 5 – “Hulk hit! Thor hit!”


Cailyn called pretty early yesterday for us to come get her.  Sometimes she sleeps in a lot later on these summer days when there is no school and Mom and Dad both work.  I guess her body is still just a little bit on school time.  She joined us in the back yard for work day.

Cailyn and I got one of the last two poles from the old chain link fence all dug out.  We also ripped out as much as we could of the old metal embedded in the weird concrete under-fence layer.  I still had to break off the concrete from around the pole, though.  And Cailyn stayed with me the whole way.  In fact, every swing I took she hollered out, “Hulk hit!”  Then it hit her that I was using a hand sledge hammer.  The cries had to change.  From then on every swing was met with, “Thor hit!”  She told me that it was her way of being my personal encourager.  Well, I sure appreciated it.  Especially when Chris came over to where we were working and asked what all the racket was about.  Hey, anytime we can get a rise out of the boss is a successful venture. Fun times.  And now I think we are finally ready for our firefighter/contractor son to start work on our pergola.

After a trip to Whataburger for some lunch – hey, it’s a tradition – we did have to make an emergency trip to Cailyn’s house to let the dogs into the house before the tropical storm hit the Island.  We made it with time to spare.  Enough time, in fact, to swing by and say hi to her Daddy over at the fire station.  The bottom did drop out of the sky while we were there though.  But we made it back home before we got too wet.

Big news.  The screen on my phone broke.  Cailyn accidentally dropped a five pound weight on it.  I went to the AT&T store all prepared to get a new phone, but I was introduced to the marvels of having phone insurance.  As it turned out, someone will be coming to the house between 7 and 9 this morning to take care of the repairs.  Yep, a house call.  $49 charge is all.  Nice. 

Oh, and Chris got another empty word balloon.  No jury duty today …

Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”

Father, thank you for the surprise regarding our phone.  The financial break is great, and it’s even better that we don’t have to drive into Webster to take it ourselves.  Amen.

No comments: