Sunday, June 2, 2019

June 2 – “Binge”


We started off our day yesterday watching not one, but two of Cailyn’s volleyball matches.  They were the last two of the season. The good guys lost the first match, but came back to win the second one in a tie breaker round (or whatever they call it in volleyball).  Exciting stuff.  Best part about the volleyball games, though, is how encouragement is a highly valued commodity for both teams and for the parent spectators.  Certainly a refreshing change from a typical Little League game.  And speaking of baseball, now Cailyn just has three softball tournaments to get through before Kids’ Camp.  Bring ‘em on.

Chris spent the rest of the day organizing her kids’ class teaching materials she got from Christi (Thank you, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church).  Honestly, I spent the rest of the day doing some binge TV watching.  I just couldn’t bring myself to dive into the heat and do outside work.  Chris wouldn’t let me, anyway.  Great wife I have there, you know.  I did go over the sermon a time or two.  But I also saw episodes of Rawhide and Bonanza (Gotta love MeTV) and lots of Property Brothers.  Even saw an episode or two of Insane Pools.  That’s a new one to me.  People with way too much money on their hands hire these guys to drag tons and tons of rocks onto their property, stack them up, and dig a huge swimming pool to go with them.  I’ll give it to them that the pools end up amazing.  Decadent, but amazing.  And I did end the day watching the Astros play in Oakland.  That meant they didn’t start until 9 p.m.  The game went pretty fast, though.  I was asleep before midnight.  And yes, they won the game.

Proverbs 21:21 says, “Whoever pursues righteousness and love, finds life, prosperity and honor.”

Father, would you be with Jim as he rests and heals today.  And be with the rest of the praise team as they lead worship without him.  Amen.

No comments: