Friday, February 15, 2019

February 15 - “Be my chicken ... er ... Valentine”

I got our Valentine’s Day started by presenting Chris with her gift.  Well, once she woke up.  I let her sleep in, of course.  It was an 8-inch tall chicken.  No, not a real one.  But this one was very colorful.  Very.  I told her it was to help remind her of me, since for some reason I always seem to notice those huge, gaudy, chicken monstrositical statues that people have out in their yard.  There was also a bag of Garditos in there.  That’s one of her favorite snacks.  And don’t forget the biggest accomplishment of all.  See, I got all this marvelous stuff at Hobby Lobby, a place I almost never go into without her. Why?  So I could get three skeins of the thread she needed to complete a project she was working on.  That one was kind of overkill.  Apparently she didn’t need three, but this kind of purchase was certainly out of my wheelhouse, so I just got all that they had to be on the safe side.  Oh, and I used the 40% off coupon I found on their website.  The checker and the ladies in line behind me told me my wife would be very proud that I remembered that little detail.  I hope she was.

Chris told me that she had not been able to get to the store because of our incredibly hectic schedule, but that she had planned to get me ... a chicken.  Hey, we’ve been together a long time.  It’s normal that we start thinking alike, right?  Instead she fixed me a chicken enchilada pie for lunch.  I’m good With that.  But wait.  As I was scrolling through Amazon looking for something else, I came across a book that I have been looking for.  It’s the first part of a two-part series.  One of those “what if” fiction books about a guy who finds the actual Noah’s ark.  I used to have it.  Still have the second book, in fact.  I think I must have lent it out to someone.  Anyway, I have checked numerous times for it (Probably why it showed up when I went to Amazon.  They DO keep tabs on you, you know), and it has never been available.  But there it was.  I told Chris the exciting news.  Know what she said?  “Order it.  Happy Valentine’s Day.  I love that woman.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 says, “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”

Father, thank you for my wife who loves Garditos and silly gifts and ... me.  Amen.

No comments: