Friday, February 1, 2019

February 1 – “’No’ days”


February.  February.  I have to type it out a few times so I can get used to it.  Not that I have trouble spelling it or anything.  It’s just hard to believe that, once again, time is flying by.  Seems like just yesterday it was January …

I suppose I should be excited about days like yesterday.  It was basically boring. 

No fun trips.  Well, unless you count our excursion to Whataburger with Cailyn after we picked her up from school.  She and the old retired teacher guy who works there now traded dance moves, so there was that spectacle.  And yes, I did join them briefly on our way out the door.  We even saw a Seasider enjoying a Whataburger of his own on his way home from work. 

No new animal friends to add to our stuffed (in more ways than one) zoo.  Unless, of course you count Cailyn.  She is squeezably cute, you know. 

No extremes on the knee recovery front.  We walked our two miles.  Well, Chris walked three.  Then we walked the deck steps.  I added a couple of extra minutes to mine to account for adding lunges every time I reached the top of the deck.  Not sure how many Chris did.  She operates by counting the number of times she scales the steps.  Six is her usual number. 

No surprise visitors.  Unless you count the ones who braved the terrible weather to come to home group last night.  Small group.  Just Corey and Janell and Brennan and Sam and Cailyn and Chris and me.  Really good Bible study time, too.  Book of Numbers. 

Hmm.  For a lot of “No’s” that turned out to be a pretty positive day.  I’ll take it.  It’s all in the way you look at it …

Psalms 138:6 says, “Though the Lord is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.”

Father, thank you for the way you always turn “no” days into positive, fun experiences.  Amen.

No comments: