Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26 – “Walking and bubbling and a little magic”

Started out the day all healthy yesterday.  We walked two miles around the neighborhood.  A while back I discovered the health app on my phone.  Whenever I think about it I check in on how many steps I have taken in a day, and how many miles that translates into.  It’s kind of fun to see just how much moving around I really do.  Kel follows his, too.  Of course he shames us all with his mailman high stepping.  He averages 8 miles a day.  He has also lost thirty or forty pounds.  He’s my hero.  Maybe I can catch him before our Alaska trip next year. 

We had to call the plumber yesterday.  The toilet started talking to us, and we didn’t understand the language it was using.  It would just bubble up at random times, never overflowing … just bubbling.  Then it started randomly backing up in the bathtub.  That’s when we knew we were in trouble.  Our plumber is pretty awesome, though.  He was here within an hour and snaked it out all the way up into the city’s domain.  He has been convinced for several years now that there is something blocking flow in the city system.  Imagine that.  An infrastructure issue.  Not our fault.

I also tried to fix one of the plugs outside that we disconnected and replaced back when we were replacing boards on the house.  It is one of those GFCI plugs that controls everything connected to it.  I have obviously connected it wrong or it is defective.  I bought another one at WalMart last night.  If nothing else I at least have some instructions now.  I’ll give it another try before I call in the heavy artillery.  Be prepared, Nathan.

We picked up Cailyn from school yesterday.  Nathan had a doctor’s appointment and April wanted to go with him, so we were up.  She whipped out her math homework.  She was teaching Nana how to do it.  Nana isn’t quite up to speed on the new way to do second grade division problems.  Once that was completed, Cailyn was feeling pretty done with schoolwork.  We tried to get her to read the story that was included.  It was about a street magician in New York.  I think his name was David Blaine.  On a whim I decided to google the guy to see if he was real.  Sure enough, there were a number of YouTube videos of him in action.  I got Cailyn’s attention and we ended up watching several of him in action.  We even got the story read in between videos.  Never did go back to answer the questions, though.  She assured me that her Mom liked to do those with her.  Enjoy, April.

Hebrews 3:1 says, “Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.”


Father, help us with our determination to stay healthy.  Amen.

No comments: