Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28 – “Yoda Bug”

Can’t remember if I mentioned this one yet.  On my way to WalMart the other day I saw a VW bug tricked out to look like Yoda’s head.  Totally new approach to “Take Your Favorite Star Wars Character To Work Day.”  Amazing.  I wanted to pull over and take a picture, but it was being followed by a police car, so I decided to admire from afar. 

I’ve been doing some quilting lately.  Well, not exactly actually quilting.  I have helped Chris on an occasion or two with the monster quilt she is working on.  You may not know it, but there is an awful lot of work that goes on behind the scenes when someone is making a quilt.  I helped put the extra leaf in the table so it would be long enough to hold the whole thing.  I helped her clear furniture out of the den floor so she could lay it out and put pins in it (apparently that’s something you have to do before you can start doing the final sewing passes).  I gave my input on which way she should go when she started sewing (not that she took my advice, but she is really kind.  She seems to value my comments even though I have no idea what I am talking about).  And most recently I helped her pull and tug the excess rolled up part of the thing through the sewing machine while she was sewing.  By my figuring that all counts together as having been a part of the process.  So whoever ends up with this thing can officially appreciate my part, too.  OK, OK.  I’m being a whiner and inserting myself into Chris’ fame.  I’ll say no more about my feeble (yet indispensable) efforts.

1 Corinthians 1:25 says, “For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.”


Father, thank you for Chris’ talent with the sewing machine.  I never cease to be amazed.  Amen.

No comments: