Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19 – “ITSASNAP”

Well, I put off calling the neurosurgeon for as long as I could.  They finally called me first.  It was just an initial, fact-gathering mission on the part of their front office team, but it was “the call” nonetheless.  They verified my insurance information, heard my symptoms “from the horses’ mouth,” and just when I was opening my calendar for the inevitable booking … they said the neurosurgeon had yet to review the MRI results, so they would get back to me after that happened to make an appointment.  So … we are on hold once again.

Speaking of hospitals and surgeries, we made a trip into Texas yesterday to see Jennifer, our poster child for the International/Texas Society of “Ankle Surgery Not A Problem.”  I’m sure you’ve heard of ITSASNAP.  Jennifer is a charter member of that quite exclusive club.  Well, actually I think she might be the only member.  She is currently in the hospital in Houston – again – for more surgeries on her ankle.  I have lost count, but I think she passed surgery number eleven and is awaiting surgery number twelve on Thursday.  She has had broken ankles and infections and pin rejections – you name it.  If it can be done in the realm of orthopedic surgeries (on ankles), Jennifer could probably write the book on it.  She seems to have a great attitude right now, though.  She keeps an extensive notebook of all her dealings with doctors.  She assures us she is behaving herself and doing whatever the doctors ask of her.  Well, I certainly believe the second part – she will do whatever the docs say – but I’m just not so sure about that “behaving herself” part.  You gotta leave room for having a little fun, even in the hospital.  Especially when you’re going to be living there for a few weeks.  Hang in there, Jennifer.  ITSASNAP is proud of you.  So are we. 

Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”

Father, continue to hold Jennifer’s hand as she goes through yet another bout of surgeries and rehabs.  Amen.


No comments: